Author, Historian, Documentary Producer, Freelance Writer and Editor
Website under construction
In the meantime, here are my current and recent project:
- The Secret History of Mac Gaming | Expanded Edition hardback and PDF available from Bitmap Books | Text-Only Kindle/ePub ebook available at Gumroad
- Shareware Heroes: The renegades who refefined gaming at the dawn of the internet | Out August 2022, hardback preorders via Unbound and paperback available everywhere else in the UK; then US paperback launch to follow 10 January 2023
- An as-yet-untitled book about the creation, reception, and legacy or 1997 real-time strategy game Age of Empires, currently in the early writing phase; release date TBD
- It's way old, but I recently fixed up the store page for an ebook I wrote and self-published in 2013 called Football Manager, one day at a time
- Others TBA (I have another book currently in progress and several more planned); if you'd like to receive an email when I announce new book projects or have major updates about existing projects, please sign up for this low-volume newsletter
- The Life & Times of Video Games | solo project; it's a documentary-style podcast about the ideas that changed video games -- and the people and stories behind those ideas.
- First Person Shooter: The Ultimate Celebration of the FPS Genre | 3+ hour film coming late 2022; I'm serving as Producer/Co-Writer, with my fellow author David L. Craddock as Director/Co-Writer.
- I'm not taking on much freelance work at the moment, but you can check out my portfolio to see past articles. I've done lots of writing about games, technology, and science, all spread across a few dozen different corporate clients and media publications, so you're sure to find something interesting there.
This page last updated 19 November 2022.